Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

SAMAYAL PURANAM

I am thrilled to cook here in Moscow with the available vegetables. And go to get our indian ingredients available only in one indian store here.It is really nice to have our indian food with olive oil.How delicious it is to have our milagu rasam when the temperature is minus 10 and snowing on and off. Daily i browse and watch all the blogspots and do a different item.I feel proud to be a vegetarian and enjoy cooking.Get satisfied by just seeing the recipes and the photos in some blogs-- and nice to read the comments and to know that all the friends are in the same state of mind with the naustalgic feeling and always think of our THAI NAADU which they visit once in a while. But at the same time try to bridge the gap-- by hosting parties regularly and feedingthe bachelors and newly married couple.Parents ARUMAI thalli vandadaan theriyum enbadai thelivva parka mudigiradhu. I decided to be at home taking voluntary retirement from government service.My daughter by then grew up to marriageable age. Thought i will teach her cooking --atleast basic ones. Forgot that we are in net world_would-be grooms staying abroad chat with their fiances and mentally train them. And to my surprise she learnt one or two items of her choice in short period.But was struggling to know the names of the pulses and their uses. If she tells correctly in tamil wl make mistake in English --becos you need to pickup seeing the label in super market.Some vegetables english names were very difficult to understand without seeing them.She went with a couple of gifts of cookery books. I was prepared to help her on chat. But she gave me surprises and gave me sites to browse.Started hosting parties with starters followed by 7 to 8 items trying them all for the first time. Then i understood kalyana seer for girls now-a days is computer--and ofcourse internet connection is common in U.S.A.For the 1st one year i used to send her recipes through mails -which we follow in our tradition. I travelled to stay with my son who is pursuing his studies in Tucson,but failed to teach him cooking.He is happy with the food he gets in his Universityfoodcourts.Now came7th time to Moscow to be with my husband, who is also a good cook.I wish all my co-borns, their children who are all scattered in different part of this globe go through these recipes in my blog - and surely will remember those days when these were our regular items andbest prepared by mom.And my brother who keeps telling my little niecesthe benefit of curd rice to make them eat,was correct totell he will show it to the world bya site named"thachimommu.com".We are five children to our parentsand all are good cooks.Thanks to dad and his native place which isknown for its hospitality and good food and have to their creditsome signatures recipes. Shall continue putting them in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment